NE Scotland Regional Day

Discussion in 'RSOC Shows & Events - Dates & News' started by rocky_robin, Apr 9, 2007.

1. rocky_robin

rocky_robin RSOC Member RSOC Member 53498

Expiry
    01/08/2025
    Hi all.
    Here's a statement from our group regarding our show.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi everyone

It is with much regret and annoyance that the Aberdeen Show will NOT be at the AECC this year. To say we have been gesumpted is an understatement. Some big fish that has been organising an Emmerdale Extravagance for the last 7 years has promised the AECC the earth and they have taken the bait. We were invited to attend, but the date was Saturday 9th June – this is really not suitable as Lightwater Valley is on the Sunday. Also if we were to attend we would be outside in the main car park at a cost of £250.00 for a maximum for 5 Cars.

We as a group will look at the possibility of another venue, possibly back to basics again, but at this late stage in the year and with the RSOC diary quite full we will not make any promises.

If nothing this year – you can bet there will be a show next year.

Again our apologies to those who have supported us for the last 16 years. Hope to see you all at other events during the course of the year.

Regards

Ricky and Maureen
    North East of Scotland RSOC
    --------------------------------------------------

I'm not on here that much now due to other commitments, so any questions please give them a phone.
    Cheers,
    Rob.

2. ksa-cossie

ksa-cossie

Expired
    01/12/2017
    Hope you get something i like my day out to the ashvale after the show.

3. Scott R50 FMC

Scott R50 FMC

Expired
    01/07/2017
    Totally gutted there isn't gonna be a show @ aberdeen this year.....allways loved going up, the drive & the night out too.

How about's going back to the old mill? Was always a nice venue imo

4. Scott

I remember your car there a few years back. Stunning!

Hopefully there will be a show next year. Trying to sort out a new venue which if works out will favour the concours boys.

Old Mill Inn was a nitemare to organise and run on the day... I dont think Ricky and Mo want to go back there in a hurry.

:cheers: Alan