2010 Shows you would like the RSOC to attend

Discussion in 'RSOC Shows & Events - Dates & News' started by Frosticles, Oct 10, 2009.

1. wildheart

wildheart

Expired
    01/06/2019
    What about the Pistonheads/Autosports show?

Surely great advertsing for the club being as its such a big and busy event,

2. Frosticles

Frosticles RSOC Life Member RSOC Member LIFE Member 37178

Expiry
    01/01/2034
    Autosports is indeed a very good show BUT we have to pay for a stand and that usually means ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££'s It has to be viable for the club. Hence why I like to be tight and do the freebies ;):beer:

3. Tim

Tim

just put it on your credit card kev :beer::lmao::cry::rlmao:

4. Frosticles

Expiry
    01/01/2034
    Get back to the AVO site you. :stir::D

5. Kev I thought the whole point of the RSOC having a stand at shows would enable Members who are not part of any Local Group to still be able to show their cars.

You only need to look at the people we have attracted from the shows we do, that there must be loads of other folk in the same boat around the Country.

Even if it's a show you are not familiar with, you could delegate someone from that area to organise on the clubs behalf.

:)

6. Frosticles

Expiry
    01/01/2034
    I hate it when you read my mind Clippo Boy. :rlmao::rlmao::rlmao:

7. Is there anything that can be done to help organize a good show in wales :D

8. That's because we are so alike :gmc::rlmao:

9. Cars in the Park a multi marque show
    Two shows, One at the start of the season and one near the end usually at Harewood House
    This years unfortunately fell on the rescheduled National Day

http://www.carsinthepark.org.uk/

10. Dave Easton

Dave Easton RSOC Member RSOC Member 50928

Expiry
    01/03/2025
    Durham Group
    the 3 wales groups could get together and do a show ??

am sure we could help ??????

11. The Catton Hall show is good at Alrewas, its a classic car event (not just Fords), always may Day Bank Holiday weekend, I go every year anyway, was going to try and organise something for our local group in 2010 - ie a stand etc.

12. definately something for those of us not in local groups for chatsworth! yes it's dear but it's a great day even the missus and little un enjoy that one!

13. gavk67

gavk67

Expired
    01/03/2017
    How about this event at MIRA, which is normally closed to the public, now planned Sunday 18th July.

MIRA event 2010

The concept is to take the best of what is done at Goodwood, add in a live action show of the TopGear Live type, plus static displays by classic car clubs, other owner clubs, and new cars by dealers and manufacturers and run it over two days Sat/Sun 17 & 18 July.

But the jewel in this crown is that the event is planned to be held at MIRA, which is of course normally closed to the public. The organiser has negotiated to use the complete site! The concept is in the early stages but includes rides on the High Speed Bowl, instruction sessions on the Wet Handling Area (aka skid pan!), drives on the off-road proving ground and the handling course. MIRA will also open up facilities including the Crash Lab and at least one of their three wind tunnels as an open day.

As for the event itself, there will be fun driving events to take part in (like autotest) and a stunt driver school operating all day to teach handbrake turns, J turns, two wheel driving etc.

Now then, do you guys think that this is worth taking on or is it just another car show that you won't be interested in?

And if you do think that it would be worth doing, is there anything that you would like included that hasn't been mentioned.

Given that the British International Motor Show moved to London & died and the Goodwood events

This event has now been firmed up. Lots of haggles with dates, access and existing industry users. Solution is a bigger one-day event in 2010 then the two day event in 2011. Date will be Sunday 18th July. That means that most of the activities will be oversubscribed in 2010.

The Big Performance (2hr show) includes a celebration of 100 years of Alfa plus static displays.

The web site goes active mid December.
    I am building the beta version at the moment and if anyone pre-registers for an activity they will get first option ahead of normal ticketing and booking opening. www.motorslive.co.uk

14. Kev,

how about visiting the European Ford Event?
    I started this meeting in 1992 as the RSOC European Event in Baarlo with backup (trophees etc) from the RSOC. Since 1995 it is organised by the XR/RS Club who decided for 2010 to go to a new venue.
    It's an airfield just north of Hook of Holland so people from the UK visiting could travel by ferry from Harwich.
    More info: http://www.europeanfordevent.nl/?p=374&lang=en

Leon.

15. try and get in goodwood as that would be great to have a stand at

16. erotica :rlmao::rlmao::rlmao::rlmao: