Towneley Show - 1st July - Camping Update

Discussion in 'RSOC Shows & Events - Dates & News' started by Chairman, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Don't wanna depress anyone but have you seen the weather forecast.. i hope its wrong but its not looking nice so far

2. Said rain all day for my area(Burnley)and it didnt,well not all day anyway

3. rscarshows

rscarshows RSOC Concours Coordinator BBS Admin RSOC Director RSOC Life Member RSOC Member LIFE Member 40973

Expiry
    01/05/2033
    Oxford Group
    :cry: :cry:

Fingers crossed, it'll be ok for the weekend then Matt. :cool:

4. Chairman

Chairman RSOC Chairman BBS Admin RSOC Director RSOC Member RSOC Registrar RSOC Member 38165

Expiry
    01/03/2026
    Lancashire Group
    Like Matt said, for here it said Rain today and yesterday and nothing until 4pm for a couple of hours, then it stopped and nothing since.

Can just hope and wait and see guys.

Towneley Park is on a slight slope though with the show towards the top end so you should be fine. Tuesday evening (again a fine night) it was firm under foot.

Beer tent is large enough though to keep you dry (and drunk) ;)

5. Very true.. said 13 days of rain from monday didn't it but that hasn't happened either.. fingers crossed

6. Chairman

Chairman RSOC Chairman BBS Admin RSOC Director RSOC Member RSOC Registrar RSOC Member 38165

Expiry
    01/03/2026
    Lancashire Group
    Well they sort of got it right - 13 days of rain fell in Sheffield in about 1 hour :pale:

7. Hotrs2000

Hotrs2000 RSOC Member RSOC Member 21312

Expiry
    01/01/2025
    And Noah was out in his ark, hope you have a great show.
    Just a shame I can't make it as still haven't fixed my axle:wft:

8. Too much sideways action broke it?:hehe:

9. STEG_3dr

STEG_3dr RSOC Member RSOC Member 32885

Expiry
    01/06/2024
    Is it still going to be safe to camp?
    :confused: :hehe:

10. as Matt and Scar have said, it looked fine on Tuesday Steg!!! We'll be going down on Saturday morning, so if its water logged, i'll tell you......when you get here :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

11. STEG_3dr

STEG_3dr RSOC Member RSOC Member 32885

Expiry
    01/06/2024
    If its water logged mate, We will be bunking around your house! :banana: :hehe: And the rest of the Central group in your Garden! :thumbsup:

Adele said she will E mail you today at work!

Steg:flag:

12. Chairman

Expiry
    01/03/2026
    Lancashire Group
    Well the show site has moved slightly to give a better surface just in case rain similar to that seen at Sheffield appears over the next day or so.

Instead of having the show on the traingle field right in front of Towneley Hall we will be utilising the Riverside Carpark which is a hard surface, mostly freshly laid with tarmac, this is located at the bottom of the Triangle Field but is raised up so no chance of flooding or water logging.

Camping is unaffected.

13. nice one scar see you tomorrow !

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2007
  14. Chairman

Expiry
    01/03/2026
    Lancashire Group
    Certainly will fella :thumbsup:

Steg - are your bringing Clive up with you this year fella?

15. scar we have got the tickets now they got sent to old address :banana:

whats the weather like down there?

16. Chairman

Expiry
    01/03/2026
    Lancashire Group
    Glorious Sunshine where I am........

Well, actually dry, grey sky but with patches of clear blue sky peeping through here and there.

17. Gizmo

Gizmo RSOC Life Member RSOC Member LIFE Member 14272

Expiry
    01/01/2034
    Thingers and Toes crossed for you all,

Should be and will be a great day

Chris

18. Black Cat

Black Cat RSOC Member RSOC Member 33476

Expiry
    01/06/2025
    Fingers crossed it's a nice day for you all. It's tipping it down here.

19. MONSTER

MONSTER

Expired
    01/06/2019
    its been slashing down here all day, i'll be thinking of the campers while i'm tucked up in my nice warm bed lmao lmao lmao