Oxford RS show 2012

Discussion in 'RSOC Shows & Events - Dates & News' started by billiam, Feb 4, 2012.

1. billiam

billiam Well-Known Board User BBS Admin RSOC Member RSOC Webteam RSOC Member 38510

Expiry
    01/06/2026
    [​IMG]

Hi there,
    As I’m sure a lot of you will know the Oxford RS group will be holding there show again this year at Cotswold Wildlife Park on Sunday 24th June. http://www.cotswoldwildlifepark.co.uk/
    We had great feedback from the 2010 show and interest in the 2012 so far has been fantastic!
    This will be our 3rd show so you must all know what its like, it is a very family friendly show, not only will there be some very fine Rs cars to look at but a whole wildlife park to explore, the kids love it!!
    There will be Concours, Show & Shine, group stands/display stands, visiting groups and new for this year we will be running a RS part bring & buy.
    Our bring & buy will work like this..
    At shows you often see people selling the odd part out the back of a car, thats fine but do you want to sit there with you car all day and miss the show? If you pack your part away you may lose the only chance of selling it.. What we are offering is this service.
    You bring your part to us, we will have it for sale in our marquee for the day leaving you to enjoy the whole show and before you leave pop back to see us. If it didn’t sell you just take it back and if it does sell you will be picking up your money, minus a small fee to us for selling it for you.
    This is not open to a van load of stuff being dumped on us, and is up to you to set your price.

Admissions:

As last time, you will need a display pass to allow you to be part of the show.

Drivers of cars with full RS membership and display pass will pay a £5 admission fee (must show current membership card on gate)

Drivers of cars with display pass but not full RS members will pay a £7 admission fee

Passengers will pay the park rate, detailed below:
    Adults - £13
    Seniors - £9
    Children - £9
    Under 3's – Free

Or..

You can pre book and pay us by 5th June and the passengers rate will then be
    Adults - £10
    Seniors - £7
    Children - £7
    Under 3's – Free
    Drivers fee will remain the same.

You can contact me via PM or email: oxford-rsoc@live.co.uk for any more info you may need or to book a stand.
    As said all bookings need to be made by 5th June to give us time to send passes.
    The oxford group look forward to seeing you on the day.

2. Will be our first time at your your show and really looking forward to it!

3. billiam

billiam Well-Known Board User BBS Admin RSOC Member RSOC Webteam RSOC Member 38510

Expiry
    01/06/2026
  4. can i bring my mk5 rs2000??? :) restoring it at mo but be a nice drive out

5. billiam

Expiry
    01/06/2026
  6. ta ill bring gf for you to drool at :)

7. mark 3dr bufty!

mark 3dr bufty!

Expired
    01/10/2017
    central group will be there!!! great show this one!!!!:thumbsup:

8. BLOKIE

BLOKIE

Expired
    01/06/2020
  9. billiam

Expiry
    01/06/2026
    close camp site what have been used before are..

Bridge House Campsite
    Lechlade
    GL7 3AG
    01367 252348

Hardwick Parks
    Downs Road
    Standlake
    Witney
    Oxfordshire
    OX29 7PZ
    01865 300501

if your thinking of camping may be worth booking up soon.

cheers

10. will there be any trade stands there etc???

11. billiam

Expiry
    01/06/2026
    only 7 days to go everyone.. :38:

12. Hello Mark with all the rain we have had how is the ground looking cos we came to the first one you had & after having similar weather the ground was waterlogged, is there anyone going down there to have a look through the week to keep us all informed

13. billiam

Expiry
    01/06/2026
    ground around here is fine, no rain to speak of the last few days and its looking quite sunny and warm for the start of the week, will keep an eye on weather and have already talked to the park.

14. billiam

Expiry
    01/06/2026
    popped up today for a look,
    went all over the area and all i found was one patch about 1m2 what was a little soft, was more than happy to drive my car over it.

[​IMG]

any luck should all be fine.:)

15. Great news mark :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

16. heres hoping :) think weekend meant to be fine :) just thursday showers is getting a pain all this rain mind :(

17. BLOKIE

BLOKIE

Expired
    01/06/2020
    Don't forget folks, show and shine is £3 per car. Judges will be going round to judge cars during the day, so don't forget to sign on for show and shine.

18. keith_trav

keith_trav

Expired
    01/06/2017
    Hi,

Do you have an update on the ground at Cotswold and if there is a chance that the show will not go ahead?

Thanks

19. 0630154

Expired
    01/08/2020
    Same here , I know I am 500 miles away but we have just had flash flooding here in Stirling , with cars floating and stranded . Roads closed and rivers bursting there banks . What is the weather like down south and at Oxford . Really need to know before setting off at lunch time tomorrow as to save money on the fuel food and time . Cheers Alex