East Yorks RSOC - Yorkshire Air Museum - 25th July 2010

Discussion in 'RSOC Shows & Events - Dates & News' started by RYM 906Y, Jul 1, 2010.

1. RYM 906Y

RYM 906Y RSOC RS1600i Registrar RSOC Member RSOC Registrar RSOC Member 4995

Expiry
    01/03/2027
    [​IMG]

The big news though is that we, once again, have elected to run a regional day. Our last event at Brantingham 2008 proved again that we can do these events despite the weather doing its level best wash us out. We had terrible rain the night before which we believe affected the attendance a bit but the rugby field drained really well and the day was another success.
    We felt it maybe time for a change again last year and after looking long and hard at local suitable places have settled on a cracking venue.
    The Yorkshire Air Museum is located just to the south east of York with easy access from the A64 ring road. Signage is provided with large brown tourist type signs depicting a propeller.
    The museum has a number of planes on display around the site and former airfield along with many displays of military artefacts and film footage to explain the history of air warfare and the deeds of bravery by the airmen who were based there during the 2nd World War. They also have the only surviving Halifax bomber built from sections of several planes and restored by the museum and volunteers over the years. You just have to get up close to this huge aircraft to appreciate just how crude it really is.
    The car parking, club stands and displays will all be on hard standing surrounded by planes and the concours will be undercover located in front of the Halifax bomber.
    The grounds and facilities are second to none including a refurbished NAAFI which is actually a 260 seat restaurant! We feel there is plenty to see and do for all ages should you get bored with the cars
    As a club we attended a couple of car shows at the Yorkshire Air Museum last year and it works really well. Coupled to the fact the Historic city of York is only being a couple of miles down the road containing the Shambles which was recently voted the ‘most picturesque’ street lined with 15th century buildings, this all makes for a weekend away and well worth the effort.
    A few pictures from our visits last year and we look forward to seeing the places brimming with RS Fords! Definitely one event not to be missed.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 1, 2010
  2. Can you confirm we are booked in for this please as our Events Organiser has packed up :pale: I spoke to Richard about it at Southwell.

Thanks
    :thumbsup:

3. hally

hally

Expired
    01/08/2018
    North Yorkshire group will be attending, this looks a cracking venue! :thumbsup:

4. looking forward to this :beer:

5. hally

hally

Expired
    01/08/2018
    sorry forgot to ask is there any camping nearby?

6. I will be there, as i am at York Races the day before
    Steve

7. RYM 906Y

Expiry
    01/03/2027
    There is plenty of accomadation and campsites close by the venue but I don't have any details to hand.

You are booked in and expected I believe with 15 cars?

8. could i book 15 place's for the lancashire group please ! :D

9. RYM 906Y

Expiry
    01/03/2027
    Dealt with I believe.

Stu.

10. adsrs1

adsrs1 Well-Known Board User RSOC Member RSOC Webteam RSOC Member 44356

Expiry
    01/03/2025
    Is the going to be a focus rs stand think we will be thereeither way

11. RYM 906Y

Expiry
    01/03/2027
    Not heard anything specific about a Focus RS stand?

Turn up all the same.

12. tc248carl

tc248carl

Expired
    01/06/2021
    i have text graham with numbers(12) for sapphire stand.hope he got that.do we just pay on the day.no need for passes or the like?the boys are really looking forward to this show.carl

13. RYM 906Y

Expiry
    01/03/2027
    Yes pay on the day. I assume all will be fully paid up members. We will be checking on the day.

14. Graham, Derby lads are joining on with us so hopefully our numbers will be strong :thumbsup:

15. graham cossy

graham cossy RSOC Member RSOC Member 24033

Expiry
    01/04/2026
    sinbads gang

:)
    :)no prob more the merrier cu you there

16. no mate, the flyer says no pets at the bottom (i know you can't see that at work though :hug:)

17. But the museums website says doggies are welcome... Toby wants to go and he will not take no as an answer! :wft:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  18. tell them he can help with security, Lee :D :hehe:

19. He had his security hoodie on last night, he is getting too big for it now...