Agm 2011

Discussion in 'RSOC Shows & Events - Dates & News' started by petrolhead2, Jul 20, 2011.

1. AGM 2011.

Is this arranged?

Dates & venue anyone?

2. Gizmo

Gizmo RSOC Life Member RSOC Member LIFE Member 14272

Expiry
    01/01/2034
    Info in the next Ralley News

Still being finalised

Chris

3. fordrs2005

fordrs2005 RSOC Member RSOC Member 51450

Expiry
    01/12/2024
    is there a date been confirmed for this yet ?

4. Thanks for not informing members!!:wft:

I have dug arround & found out 19/20 November @ the east midlands thistle!

5. fordrs2005

fordrs2005 RSOC Member RSOC Member 51450

Expiry
    01/12/2024
    its ok there going to tell everybody when it is on the 21st november :wall:

6. RAB393Y&L13 LMO

RAB393Y&L13 LMO RSOC Life Member RSOC Member LIFE Member 7700

Expiry
    01/01/2034
    As has been said before the venue has only just been finalised and it's announced in Rallye News first as this is the media that reaches all members.

Em xxx

7. Surely if you post on the web site that also reaches all the members also if it can be done an earlier date for national day

8. the d man

the d man RSOC Member RSOC Registrar RSOC Member 36970

Expiry
    01/06/2024
    AGM and Local group Seminar on the same is a good move!

**th November............:clap::hug::thumbsup:

9. RAB393Y&L13 LMO

RAB393Y&L13 LMO RSOC Life Member RSOC Member LIFE Member 7700

Expiry
    01/01/2034
    No disrespect is intended by announcing it in Rallye News but it is the only media that reaches all members.

Unfortunately not all members are registered on here.

Em xxx

10. Busyboy

Busyboy RSOC Member RSOC Member 15019

Expiry
    01/08/2024
    Emma I understand fully what your saying but I do feel its important to let members know the dates as soon as possible especially those who run the local groups as they are expected to turn up & represent their group at the LGM.

People need to arrange cover at work, days off etc ,travel arrangements, hotel booking, family commitments. In this day and age we have a tool here to use to help bring the club forward, but sometimes I really do feel like we are stuck in the 80's the way we do things in the club.

I understand what you are saying about announcing it in Rallye News as this reaches a lot more members than the internet possibly does but I feel the people who use the RSOC BB are the more active members and therefore the Local Group Committee members are definately more active on here and come here for up to date informaion to aid the running of their groups.

The people who turn up for the LGM/AGM probably 75% of them are active RSOC BB users.

Emma you know me I am a massive supporter of the RSOC and the committe but I do feel sometimes the way we do things does unecessarily (as above)rub members up the wrong way.

Regards,
    Martin

11. billiam

billiam Well-Known Board User BBS Admin RSOC Member RSOC Webteam RSOC Member 38510

Expiry
    01/06/2026
    i can't see whats wrong with posting it on here before RN. it will be in both for all to see so why not here first?

12. jason_nike

jason_nike RSOC Member RSOC Member 39550

Expiry
    01/02/2025
    Yes good to know exact dates asap as previously said, need to sort time off, travel, accomodation etc.
    Especially important for those of us who run local groups to get reinstated
    So, exact dates for everything???

13. plus the mag seems to be arriving later and later each time now ,so a bit of pre warning for group reps would be great

14. JerryM

JerryM RSOC Member RSOC Member 10024

Expiry
    01/05/2025
    As I said on 2 sept in members area in answer to same question .. agm is on sunday 20th November at Thistle East Midlands .. its not a secret nor has it ever been, however, it is traditional that it be put in RN for all members to see at same time ..

Note: LGM, AGM and Concours will be on same day and you should aim to be there by 10 am. Please also be aware of the note that was added to LGM Rule 6 and I believe Dave handed a copy to all Groups attending ND so if Group Chairs haven't seen it please pm me.

For those wishing hotel on Saturday night I will be putting code for best rate at Thistle in next couple days

Jerry

15. Thanks Jerry thats cleared that up :thumbsup:

16. Busyboy

Busyboy RSOC Member RSOC Member 15019

Expiry
    01/08/2024
    nice reply jerry & imo takes care of the above question

thankyou :)

17. JerryM

JerryM RSOC Member RSOC Member 10024

Expiry
    01/05/2025