Cornwall RSOC Regional Show - 2007 - Concours etc

Discussion in 'RSOC Shows & Events - Dates & News' started by nig87101, Mar 13, 2007.

1. jay991

jay991 RSOC Member RSOC Member 44382

Expiry
    01/03/2025
    Cornwall Group
    CDs (Wurzles)

wouldn't mind the Wurzles cd if its easyer that the PA guy at the capri show... nearly fell asleep... brilliant show tho.

2. Black Cat

Black Cat RSOC Member RSOC Member 33476

Expiry
    01/06/2025
    That can be arranged ;) :hehe: :hehe:

3. mike77cos

mike77cos RSOC Insurance Officer BBS Admin RSOC Director RSOC Member RSOC Member 36452

Expiry
    01/02/2025
    You better ask Alan and Jaz about the spit roast ;)

4. jay991

jay991 RSOC Member RSOC Member 44382

Expiry
    01/03/2025
    Cornwall Group
    hmmm roast... may go to my mums for tea lol

5. nig87101

nig87101

Expired
    01/03/2021
    Right, for all those that are Carry on Camping (matron), here is the postcode for the campsite to keep all you satnavers happy:

PL17 8ND

Now this is actually the postcode for the school on the other side of the road, but I will sign the entrance for you.

I will give detailed directions for those on manual control nearer the day, but that's on a need to know basis and at this time you do not need to know!! [​IMG] :hehe:

6. nig87101

nig87101

Expired
    01/03/2021
    ADVANCE TICKETS AND LOCAL GROUPS!!

Just a note, if any local groups wish to sort advance tickets for our show, time is running out!! Our 2+2 man (Treasurer Steve) has decided go and look at igneous rock formations on Uranus during June. Please pm me with an email address and I'll get a form sent to you, this MUST be returned by Saturday 16th June so we can get the tickets out to you. :thumbsup:

Other things, camping looks quite popular this year, anyone who wishes to camp, let me know so I can pass on rough numbers to the cook.
    [​IMG]

7. nig87101

nig87101

Expired
    01/03/2021
    Just a quick camping update, checked out the pavillion yesterday and whilst it ain't the Ritz it is actually ok. There are seperate boys and girls toilets, the girls has a sink and I'll get a mirror put in, just for Black Cat to preen herself, there is a communal shower which will hopefully have new showers in by the time you arrive. There is also a small kitchen with a cooker and hot drinking water.

There will be hot food and a bar available in the club which is 5mins walk/stagger away, should be a simple menu of chips and something and I'll ask for a curry and rice dish too.

Just to confirm, there is NO CHARGE for camping, the commitee have just asked us to go and have a drinkie with em if possible. :beer:

At the mo we have Oxford Group, Dorset Group, some of our Group (inc Kat and Si), Monster Dave and hopefully a few more. Let me know if anyone else/any other Group wishes to camp. :thumbsup:

8. mike77cos

mike77cos RSOC Insurance Officer BBS Admin RSOC Director RSOC Member RSOC Member 36452

Expiry
    01/02/2025
    No charge, its a positive bargin:thumbsup:

9. FREE CAMPING... great news, well done nigel :clap: and mike :hug:

10. billiam

billiam Well-Known Board User BBS Admin RSOC Member RSOC Webteam RSOC Member 38510

Expiry
    01/06/2026
    i think i could do that:beer: :beer: :beer:

11. If my fellow club members were able to READ the booking form that they are sending out it stipulates all advance tickets should be booked by the 31st of May (see Nige scrambling for a form now to Check "Doh") :wall: because i am going to the Mediteranean not Uranus, for a long overdue relaxing holiday to recuperate from having to wipe there bottoms:pale: , but being the kind hearted person i am i can except all advance ticket bookings up until the 16th of june:thumbsup: , but no later as i will be on an air fungas flight to the Med:beer: .
    Thanks to all who have allready booked and i will really miss not being there to see you:cry: , but you must admit that more than six months without a break from Nige and Mike would be unfair on anyone:hehe: . Please remember advance ticket requests must reach me by the 16th of June at the very latest as i wont be there to open the post, "just a note to any Burglers dont bother cos my son will be here with BILLY THE BAT to welcome any such low life".[/COLOR]Hope you all have a great day and i will try and make sure some of that Mediteranean Sun heads your way.:cheers:
    Regards SteveRS2k

12. hi ther.it's stacey from the east devon group.when do you need to no numbers.some of us is up for it.

13. mike77cos

Expiry
    01/02/2025
    as soon as, pm nig87101 with numbers

14. iam camping too, and i may have a drink aswell :beer:

cheers bowsie ;)

15. nig87101

nig87101

Expired
    01/03/2021
    Hi m8, look forward to seeing you Sat night. :thumbsup:

16. billiam

billiam Well-Known Board User BBS Admin RSOC Member RSOC Webteam RSOC Member 38510

Expiry
    01/06/2026
    already booked you a space with the oxford lot mate

17. nig87101

nig87101

Expired
    01/03/2021
    Righto, camping directions for those on manual control!!

From Exeter, turn off the M5 onto the A30 (recommended rather than A38) for approx 42m to Launceston.

NOW PAY ATTENTION, THIS IS PROPER CORNISH COMPLICATED!!
    :doh:

At the Launceston exit, turn off the A30, go down to the roundabout, take the fourth exit for Launceston, as soon as you go back under the A30 take the right filter lane to go back onto the A30 towards Exeter. Rejoin the A30 heading East.

After approx ½ a mile, take the exit off for the A388 – Callington. Take the right-hand lane and turn right onto the A388 for approx 6.5miles.

GIVE ME A RING ON THE MOBILE WHEN YOU’RE HERE AND I’LL TRY AND MEET YOU AT THE CAMPSITE. :thumbsup:

After 6.5miles, turn left at the crossroads, signposted Stoke Climsland…………….Abandon hope all ye who enter here!! lmao

After approx 200yds take the first right and follow this road past the Dutchy College, down the dip to the merging junction, keep going straight up the hill to the T junction, the campsite will be on your left.

The sports field entrance is now on your left but I WOULD ADVISE YOU DO A CLOCKWISE CIRCLE IN THE JUNCTION to enter the sports field approach road head on. Drive round to the pavilion.

Well done, you’re here!! :banana:

Give me a ring if you haven't already and I'll laugh as you struggle to put your tent up, then point you in the direction of a refreshing drink. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2007
  18. Black Cat

Black Cat RSOC Member RSOC Member 33476

Expiry
    01/06/2025
    Be aware though - when we went to the village of the damned we couldn't get a mobile signal unless we were outside the graveyard.

19. cos47

cos47 RSOC Member RSOC Member 29365

Expiry
    01/10/2024
    Just been an bought me beers think i am gunna have to put a trailer on the back of the Saff :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

20. mike77cos

Expiry
    01/02/2025
    Jesus, Nige's Directions, you'll end up in my back garden :wall: